Design

Design

Friday 25 July 2014

Potted Plants for Shade


While up north in June my friend asked me for help with his front porch at his beautiful country home.  So, in addition to getting flowers for the side of the house which are in full sun, I wanted to select the right blend of plants for the urns at the front of his home.  Because they're under a covered porch and in the shade,  I chose Sweet Potato Vine, Coleus and Begonias.  What a beautiful combination!!  As you can see, there is a lot of height on either side of the door between the urns and lights. This is why I chose Coleus.  It should get about 2' high by the end of summer, and the deep colours look stunning against the grey siding.  

I couldn't believe the difference when I went up three weeks later and saw them.  
Check out these before and after pics.   









If you're an avid gardener or just starting out and not certain of a plant, 
I highly suggest you check out Garden Harvest Supply.  



No comments:

Post a Comment