Design

Design

Thursday 15 May 2014

Black & White Outdoor Inspiration


I'm starting to think about my outdoor space right now and was totally inspired by Kristin of The Hunted Interior.  She was asked by The Home Depot to make over her outdoor space and wow, what a transformation.  You can see more of it  here.  The pic below is her patio which she made over last year as part of The Home Depot's Patio Style Challenge.  
Love the bold impact of the over-sized stenciled floor!!  Beautiful!




Here are some more amazing black and white outdoor spaces from Pinterest.   You'll see all sorts of great ideas of how to incorporate black and white into your outdoor space - whether your space is big or small.  The great thing about a black and white colour scheme, is that it's classic and goes with any other colour.  I love to see traditional plantings like boxwoods and ferns with black and white.  They're also pretty easy plants to take care of
 if gardening's not your thing. 















Were you inspired?  
I'm definitely thinking about stripes in my backyard, some ferns, some boxwoods, maybe a chandelier, some lanterns, maybe a pergola...the wheels are turning. 
We'll see.I

You can check out more of what I'm pinning on my Black & White board here.



No comments:

Post a Comment