Design

Design

Monday 13 January 2014

Golden Globes 2014 Hits and Misses

If you're like me, you watched the Golden Globes last night not to see who won an award, but to see what everyone was wearing.   We saw lots of black, red, emerald green, belts and lace.


HITS

Here are some of my favorites.



Emma Thompson looked stunning  in this  3/4 length dress.  I love a 3/4 length dress because it allows the shoes to be noticed.  The gold top with her blonde hair was beautiful!  My only complaint would be that it was a little tight.




This was another fav of mine - Kate Blanchett in Armani.  I'm actually not a big fan of lace, but this was gorgeous!











I love the lines of this dress.


MISSES

Those were my hits and here are some of the ones I think missed.



The dress above actually had pants under it.  Please don't ever do this.  Not a good look.






I love the colours of this dress and like colour blocking, but this dress was not a good choice for Sandra Bullock.  She has a very young face and I think the dress and the pony tail make her look like a little girl.  The dress wears her.


I thought this dress on Tina Fey was too overwhelming - like curtains made into a dress.  I think if her hair had been up and her train had been all black, I would have liked it.


Not a big fan of the palm trees.



Julia Roberts' hair and make-up were bang on but her dress was like office meets evening wear to me.  The cut of the bottom of the dress is gorgeous but I don't like the top with it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment