Design

Design

Thursday 30 May 2019

Powder Room Gets a Little Love



Hey there... long time no blog...coping with a lot of back pain and haven't posted in a while but have lots of updates.  Been busy working on my builder-basic bathrooms this winter.  I've given all three a little face-lift.   

First up is my powder room on the main floor.  It had this vanity and mirror when we moved in, and I basically just painted the walls a dark blue/grey to add some drama and left it.  One side of the bathroom has this vanity and the other side has the toilet... your basic powder room.  




My inspo for this powder room was the master bathroom I designed for the flip.




First thing I did was lighten up the walls with a custom colour that I mixed.  It's basically white with a slight bit of grey...close to Summer Gray by Valspar.   Once the sweet Laura Ashley tile was down, the vanity and shelves were made (in less than 2 hrs.)  If you're handy, this vanity (and shelving) is really inexpensive to make.  I purchased two pine boards for the vanity similar to this (sorry, couldn't find exact link) that measured 2' x 4' and then stained and sealed them.  The shelving was made with four pine boards that I stained and sealed as well. 






 

Just need to get a new light, mirror & accessorize then it's done.   (Sink and tap are from Lowes).

So much better... wouldn't you agree!?!






No comments:

Post a Comment