Design

Design

Thursday 25 September 2014

Beautiful Ways to Decorate Your Pumpkins



via Thistlewood Farm

It's been a really crazy week around here for me.  If you follow me at all on Instagram you'll know that we had a film crew in our house for a couple of days filming a pilot for a TV show.  The show is about construction so we also had the four finalists from last year's Canada's Handyman Challenge finishing part of our basement.  We had such a blast but I'm exhausted. Today I've finally been able to sit down at my computer and pin some things for Fall decor.  To be honest, I'm actually not a huge fan of Fall decorating and find it to be a little tacky.  I'm also not a big fan of orange but I have found some really beautiful Fall ideas using pumpkins that I hope inspire you.

You can see above they just spray painted the pumpkins, put candles in them and placed them on candle sticks. Below they've used string, spray paint, markers and buttons to create some gorgeous designs.


via book Artful Halloween


via The Glitter Guide


via The Nest Blog

Love the pumpkin above and the leaf spray painted gold below for name tags.  
Simple but beautiful!!





 via I Heart Nap Time

Above is just pages from a book that have been glued to the pumpkin and below they glued gold glitter to make polka dots.  Again, simple but beautiful!!


via Babble

Love this idea of using a pumpkin as a cooler. You have to make sure you place a bowl in the pumpkin first and then the ice and bottles.  I think it would look better with polka dots like the one above - but I love this!

via Martha Stewart

Here's one more idea - just because I love flowers - placing flowers in a vase and then putting them in the pumpkin.  Love this for a centerpiece.  You could also put  a pot of Fall mums in it and use it inside or outside. 

via Better Homes and Gardens

Hope you can use some of these ideas in your Fall decor.  I've got a can of gold spray paint and a bottle of gold glitter  waiting to be used.  

If you need more inspiration, you can see what I'm pinning on my Fall Decoration board.




No comments:

Post a Comment